- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 8 fresh dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
We promote the use of sustainable, organic products as much as possible
1) Combine the cacao powder with the seeds in the bowl of a food processor, pulse until combined. Add the salt, spices and coconut and pulse again.
2) Add the chopped dates to the mixture in the processor and pulse until the ingredients begin to form dough. Add the water to smooth the mixture and pulse for a few more seconds.
3) Roll a portion of the mixture between your palms to form medium sized balls. If the mixture is crumbling add more water. Lay them on a sheet pan lined with waxed paper.
The truffles can be rolled in cacao nibs, finely chopped pistachios or crushed buckwheat cereal for a finishing touch
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL & REJUVENATING HOLIDAY PERIOD!!!
Dr Matt, Dr Alex & Sunni Bunni